The best éclairs in Paris, 3ème arr.

CARETTE'S CHOCOLATE ÉCLAIR AND HOT CHOCOLATE > terrace seating at Carette,
25 PLACE DES VOSGES, Victor Hugo's old hood*

 The deed is done: I have tried Casette's éclair, rated Paris's number one éclair. The best in Paris? I really can't say. It would take a lifetime of research to confirm that one. It's definitely the best one I've tasted in a long while. But isn't that always the case with baked goods? The one you just had always seems like the best one. Incidentally, the thick as yogurt hot chocolate is pretty fabulous. It's served in a silver pot... that means three cups' worth... so it's best to skip lunch and not order the chocolate éclair too. The whole experience was topped off by chaaaaaaaarming waiters. So charming in fact that I didn't have the heart to tell mine his photo of me sucked (see above). Although you could say it takes some kind of knack to get just about everything in the shot in focus except your subject.  

* Carette has another patisserie at 4 Place du Trocadero, 16ème arr. Next time...

4 comments:

  1. Is this the one on the street they shut down so that the Queen could visit it?

    It's hard to say what the best is in France as there is no such thing as a bad dessert. I should know, I lived there for a year and lived off a pastry only diet. Completely out of choice.

    Hope you're having a fabulous time.

    With lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    fly over and visit me at www.amuseabout.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ca donne faim...
    http://mesconfessionsparisiennes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely delcious, and I can safely assume that it is the cause of my watering mouth.

    http://styleflourish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete